While VMware's endorsement of containerization could be a case of keeping its friends close but its enemies closer, there's also potential for real symbiosis behind the surprising strategy.
Cloud-native apps can handle redundancies that may have depended on the infrastructure to do before, and they are autonomic in nature.
New container identity and access management technology debuts alongside new purpose-built container Linux operating system.
- What's Behind VMware's Better Together Support for Containerization?
- Docker on a Spending Spree to Strengthen Security and Orchestration
- Solving the Virtualized Infrastructure Monitoring and Documenting Dilemma
- OpenPOWER: The First Fight Isnât Intel, Itâs ARM
- VMware Sets the Stage for Server Virtualization in 2015
- 1 What's Behind VMware's Better Together Support for Containerization?
- 2 VMware Unveils Forthcoming Container 'Cradles' for vSphere
- 3 VMware Launches Lightwave and Photon for Linux Containers
- 4 Docker Engine 1.6 Debuts Alongside Docker Registry 2.0 and Compose 1.2.0
- 5 Nginx Plus 6 Improves Web Server High-Availability