- 1 Pivotal Container Service Packs Plenty of New Features in PKS 1.1 Update
- 2 Canonical Extends Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux Support to 10 Years
- 3 OpenStack Open Infrastructure Pilot Projects from A to Z
- 4 U.S. Supercomputers Lead Latest Top500 Performance Ranking
- 5 Dell EMC Enhances VxBlock, VxRail Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Creating a CAP
This article outlines the process of creating a SMS CAP from the administrator console.Dana Daugherty's latest article outlines the process of creating a SMS CAP from the administrator console.
There are two reasons for creating CAPs:
X There aren't enough for the size of a site.
X You want to move the CAP to another server.
If a CAP is being moved it is best to create the new one first. Then wait for a couple of days before deleting the old one. Doing this allows clients at the site to add the new CAP to their lists prior to the removal of the other CAP. Otherwise, clients will be without a CAP for awhile.
Here is the process for creating a CAP:
- Open the SMS Administrator Console.
- Open the Hierarchy tree, then open the site where you want to add the CAP.
- Right click on the Site System tree from the left pane.
- Select New and then select Windows NT Share.
- Set the file://
/Share">file://<servername>/Share path after selecting Set.
- On the Client Access Point tab, select Use this site system as a client access point.
- Select OK.
- The CAP should be created and populated within 1/2 hour or so.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...