Before starting, do the following:
1. Make sure that the account you are running the ADC under has the
Access the computer over the network
Log on Locally
If you have to reset account permissions after the ADC is installed, be sure
to restart the ADC service.
2. Go to services and find the MS Active Directory Service. Select the
logon tab and put in the Ex5.5 service account and password, or an account
with similar permissions (the account you used to install the ADC should
You are now ready to establish the first connection agreement!
1. Start the ADC, select the Active Directory Connect (server), right
click and select “New.” Select “Recipient Connection
2. In the General Tab name the connection and select two-way under
Replication. Read the warning and click OK
3. Go to the connection tab. This is where you will set the permissions
needed for the connection. You will need to put in accounts that have the
required permissions for both Ex 5.5 and W2K/E2K. The Ex 5.5 Service Account
is a good choice. An account that is a member of Domain Admins and is a good
choice for the W2K side. This account will eventually need to have Exchange
Full Admins permissions after E2K is installed. Note: You may have to change
the LDAP port on the Ex 5.5 server. See Q224447 for details. If you make
mistakes on anything in this tab, you will get errors.