by Dana Daugherty
This article outlines the process of
creating a SMS CAP from the administrator console.
Dana Daugherty’s latest article outlines the process
of creating a SMS CAP from the administrator console.
There are two reasons for creating
There aren’t enough for the size of a site.
You want to move the CAP to another server.
If a CAP is being moved it is best to
create the new one first. Then wait for a couple of days
before deleting the old one. Doing this allows clients at the
site to add the new CAP to their lists prior to the removal of
the other CAP. Otherwise, clients will be without a CAP for
Here is the process for creating a CAP:
- Open the SMS Administrator Console.
- Open the Hierarchy tree, then
open the site where you want to add the CAP.
- Right click on the Site System tree from
the left pane.
- Select New and then select
Windows NT Share.
- Set the file:///Share”>file:///Share
path after selecting Set.
- On the Client Access Point tab, select
Use this site system as a client access point.
- Select OK.
- The CAP should be created and populated
within 1/2 hour or so.