- 1 Mark Shuttleworth Details Ubuntu 15.10 Highlights [VIDEO]
- 2 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 3 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 5 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
Dealing with Difficult Users Page 8
Adding it all Up
Ida, Sally, Harry, Demetrius, Dora and Fred are only a sampling of the difficult user types that you may encounter as a net admin or tech support professional. Each type has its own characteristics, and you may have to adopt different techniques for dealing with each.
You'll notice a common thread that runs through this advice, however. The key to learning to live with the "problem children" on your network, as in the rest of life, is to not let their problem personalities become your problem. Remember that your job is to maintain the network and/or computer systems to the best of your ability. Don't let the problem users get you down. These same personality types exist in every "people-oriented" occupation. They can drive you nuts - if you let them. Or they can be a source of secret amusement, even provide some valuable lessons that may lead you to examine and modify your own behavior in dealing with others.