- 1 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 2 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 3 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 4 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
- 5 Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
PHP Page 5
PHP is nearly as old as Perl (and in fact was originally written in Perl). Unlike most of the other tools, PHP addresses databases on an individual basis. This can be good, as in the case of its most common companion MySQL (www.mysql.com), an open source database manager in which specific functions support the database connection. In other cases, such as databases running under Windows, PHP is much more rudimentary. Mostly though, PHP and MySQL are a partnership found on almost every Linux server -- an economical and well-supported relationship worth exploiting.