- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Mod_python Fix Solves Crashing Bug
The Apache HTTP Server Project announced the release of versions 3.0.4 and 2.7.9 of mod_python. A new version of mod_python fixes a crashing bug caused by specific query strings and brings the module in sync with Python 2.3.
According to an announcement made by the mod_python project's Grisha Trubetskoy, the two releases (for Apache 2.0 and 1.3 respectively) fix a bug in which causing a specific query string to be processed by mod_python would cause Apache to crash.
The announcement also noted that both releases have been patched to compile against Python 2.3 cleanly but contain no other changes or improvements from previous versions.