- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
BW: 1stUp.com Selects VA Linux Servers and Oracle 8i Database to Power Application Infrastructure for Internet Access Solutions
"VA Linux Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: LNUX) today announced that 1stUp.com, a majority-owned operating company of CMGI, Inc. and a leading provider of private label Internet access solutions, has implemented over 50 high-density VA Linux servers to power its application server infrastructure as well as its Oracle 8i(R) database, now supporting more than 3.5 million registered subscribers."1stUp.com uses 2U (3.5) and 1U (1.75) VA Linux rackmount servers -- as well as other systems from VA -- to run custom applications based on Apache; the Oracle 8i database; and RADIUS ISP authentication software.
"1stUp.com uses 2U (3.5") and 1U (1.75") VA Linux rackmount servers -- as well as other systems from VA -- to run custom applications based on Apache; the Oracle 8i database; and RADIUS ISP authentication software."