- 1 Pivotal Container Service Packs Plenty of New Features in PKS 1.1 Update
- 2 Canonical Extends Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux Support to 10 Years
- 3 OpenStack Open Infrastructure Pilot Projects from A to Z
- 4 U.S. Supercomputers Lead Latest Top500 Performance Ranking
- 5 Dell EMC Enhances VxBlock, VxRail Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Page Hit Counter System
I had a client that just wanted a simple report he could easily see in real time, that would show him only what he wanted to see. He had 5 requirements.
- How many hits total for any page and all pages.
- How many hits for any and all pages today.
- How many hits for any and all pages this month.
- How many users are currently browsing the site.
- The number of highest simultaneuos connections throughout the day.
I am sure there are many prepackaged solutions which may have worked, but the task is simple enough to code in ASP. I decided to use a database solution to track the hits.
The database table (Access Database) called hits
- page_name - text field max of 100 (contains the page name)
- total_hits - long (contains the total hits on page since its inception)
- day_hits - long (contains the total hits on page today)
- month_hits - long (contains the total hits on page this month)
- hit_date - Date/Time (the
date of the current day & month hits)
Pretty simple so far...and it doesn't get any harder!
I created an include file counter.inc which is included in every page I want counted. For my client, he did not want the adminstration pages to inflate his hit counts so the include file would not be within any of the admin pages.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...