- 1 Pivotal Container Service Packs Plenty of New Features in PKS 1.1 Update
- 2 Canonical Extends Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux Support to 10 Years
- 3 OpenStack Open Infrastructure Pilot Projects from A to Z
- 4 U.S. Supercomputers Lead Latest Top500 Performance Ranking
- 5 Dell EMC Enhances VxBlock, VxRail Hyperconverged Infrastructure
The Skinny on Server Blades Page 6
Software on the Edge of the Blades
For the most part, blade manufacturers have attempted to use standard software, especially operating systems, without making major modifications. This will change as competition and the pressure to diversify lead to the development of customized and third-party software that enhances various characteristics of the blades. The way that systems are managed and monitored will also become especially important.
Another potential development, and one that is unusual in the current server hardware market, is the formation of alliances between blade manufacturers and software suppliers to optimize performance and features for areas such as database management, telecommunications, application servers, and Web services. In the future, software considerations may become of greater importance to the value of blade systems than basic hardware.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...