Server Security: Keeping the "Box" Safe Page 2
Download the authoritative guide: Data Center Guide: Optimizing Your Data Center Strategy
Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing: Using the Cloud for Competitive AdvantageBy Karl Magsig
- All servers are located inside individually locked cages.
- All servers are on APC Silicon power back-up systems, which is state of the art in uninterruptible power supplies.
- The entire co-location site is protected by a 125Kva diesel back-up generator. This generator will run for between one and two weeks straight without requiring refueling.
- 10/100 network connections are available for all co-location servers. Enterprises can choose between 10 Mbit and 100 Mbit network connections to their cages. This enables them to connect directly with gigabit switches connected to three separate Internet connections on OC-3 and OC-12 lines through Savis, Level-3, and Goodnet Internet Service Providers. It also provides each cage with a Level-2 Internet connection, which is basically one step away from the main Internet backbone.
- All servers are automatically checked every five minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to minimize possible down time. If a server goes down, a minimum of three WebNexus technicians are notified immediately via pager to ensure proactive technical support.
- Lockdown cages are accessible by appointment only, and access is granted only to people included on an authorized list that the client provides to WebNexus.
- Web Nexus offers the option of on-call support for all co-location equipment. For a small monthly fee, the vendor provides technical support staff to take care of co-location equipment and to perform operations such as rebooting a server or changing a back-up tape.
- SonicWall Firewalls for all lockdown cages and VPN access to client office networks is available. Each lockdown cage can be connected through a SonicWall Firewall device that provides data security, including anti-virus protection, NAT, and DHCP services. It also includes VPN access to corporate networks. These firewalls support industry standard IPSec protocols.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...