Apache Jakarta's Regexp and Turbine Projects Updated
Apache developers announced two Jakarta-related releases this week: Regexp 1.3 and Turbine 2.3. Regexp provides regular expression support for Java developers, and Turbine provides a servlet-based framework for building secure web applications. Apache Jakarta projects Regexp and Turbine posted updates this week, providing Java developers with improved tools for Apache development.
Changes to the latest Turbo release include:
- Turbine 2.3 no longer supports WebMacro, Freemarker or Castor
- Turbine 2.3 is the first release to consequently use commons-logging and commons-configuration to remove the need for its own logging and resource services
- Turbine 2.3 can load and use Avalon Components with the Avalon Service
- The Templating engine at the core of Turbine has been completely overhauled and is now much more flexible and stable. However, this comes at the price that using "/" for template separators is no longer possible (This is a major change from our previous versions).
- Turbine 2.3 uses maven as its primary build tool. Building with Eclipse is possible but not officially supported. Building with ant only is no longer supported.
The full Turbine change list is available at http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/changes.html. Source and binary distributions for JDK 1.3.1 and JDK 1.4.2 are available from the Apache mirror system or from http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/turbine/.
Regexp 1.3 is primarily a maintenance release. A complete list of changes is available at http://jakarta.apache.org/regexp/changes.html. Regexp is available in a single download, containing binary and source code from http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...