Jcorporate Struts Out Release 5.0 of Expresso
Jcorporate Wednesday released Expresso 5.0, an architectural framework for Java Web development. According to the company, Expresso 5.0 is a major new release with more than 50 new features that breaks new ground in software with a new workflow engine and provides 100 percent higher release stability than the previous version. Jcorporate Wednesday released Expresso 5.0, an architectural framework for Java Web development designed to extend the Apache Jakarta Struts framework. The vendor claims more than 50 new features with this release, including additional Struts integration, container-based authentication integration, and authentication and registration that refactor many improvements.
Jcorporate claims Expresso is the leading Java application and architectural framework that employs a tested, open-standards-based architecture that reduces development time. Expresso is designed to extend the Apache Jakarta Struts framework.
According to the company, Expresso stands apart because of its interoperability and sharing between open source projects. It's the result of an intentional and coordinated effort that builds on and integrates open source components that include Cactus, Log4J, JUnit, Xerces, Xalan, and Struts.
Expresso is also designed to combine J2EE with object-oriented design patterns to build a scalable, flexible, and extensible application architecture. Based on open standards and Sun's J2EE Blueprints concepts, Expresso provides a layer between the J2EE and the application's business logic. Expresso's design patterns aim to enable better J2EE apps and standardize the J2EE architectural layer using the community's accumulated knowledge. Expresso is also designed to offer flexibility, configurability, and reuse when building, deploying, and maintaining J2EE applications as well as insulation of applications from infrastructure change and complexity.
Expresso supports the J2EE component-based architecture and comes integrated with both Sun's Java Center Pattern Catalog and Apache's Jakarta Struts Framework. By leveraging shared standards such as Java, JSP, Servlet, XML, and Javamail, Jcorporate believes the product helps businesses design and implement adaptable and unrestricted solutions independent of platform and application server.
The 5.0 release contains more than 50 new features and enhancements, performance improvements, bug fixes, and updated documentation. Here are some highlights:
- Additional Struts integration that includes Tiles integration, ActionForms, Radio Input types, Combobox tag, and an Expresso-aware html:link tag that works with Transitions
- Container-based authentication integration
- Authentication and registration that refactor many improvements, including e-mail address validation, and login redirecting to the original destination
- SSL integration capabilities transition into and out of SSL Web pages and still maintain session state
- DBObjects has many new improvements, including a new class of DBObjects that can have row-level permissions
- Basic workflow capabilities
- BLOB/CLOB support datatypes
- JNDI-compatible data connections that allow Expresso to retrieve connections to databases through JNDI lookups (This is critical for JTA compatibility as well as some drivers, for example, DB-2 databases.)
- i18n improvements allow error collections to have keys to Message Bundles with this tag
- Clean and universal URLs allow for clean URLS without lots of URL parameters
- Performance improvements to overall Web application performance
- Security enhancements
- Substantially updated the developer's guide
"Jcorporate is the first vendor to offer an application infrastructure solution that's based on a best of breed software foundation" said Sandra Cann, COO. "Unifying an enormous collection of disparate, non-integrated products and technologies, Expresso is based on a single, integrated software architecture that's designed to provide unparalleled ease-of-use, reliability and stability."
Expresso is available free of charge for download at http://www.jcorporate.com/product/expresso.html.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...