HP e3000 Migration Marches on
Since unveiling its five-year plan for the HP e3000 server series last November, HP has been working with e3000 customers and partners to help with the transition to other HP platforms. To ease migration woes, HP is offering these enterprises a comprehensive array of migration services and incentives to ease their transition to other HP platforms.Hewlett-Packard Wednesday revealed more details about its plans to migrate HP e3000 server customers.
Customers such as Ceridian, CT3, Multnomah Education Service District, and Tenex have already migrated successfully.
The top 11 U.S. ISVs and the top five European ISVs have also begun transitioning their applications and installed customers from the e3000 to HP-UX.
Key components of HP's e3000 migration programs include:
- Loaner systems for qualified customers
- Migration training curriculum and educational programs
- Software incentives such as free HP-UX 11i base operating environments with e3000 server trade-ins
- Free hardware conversion kits
- e3000 server and storage trade-in programs
- Special services and financing promotions, including the "3 for 3 support" promotion (three months free support with the purchase of a three-year support contract on e3000 upgrade or replacement servers)
HP is also offering the Platinum Program to deliver migration tools and services tailored to small and midsize customers. The program offers solutions, tools, and services to qualified customers. Speedware, Lund Performance Solutions, MB Foster, and Managed Business Solutions offer transition services, support, and training to customers transitioning from e3000 servers to other HP platforms. Platinum Partners also offer MPE/iX, HP-UX, Linux, and Windows expertise to HP e3000 authorized resellers so they, in turn, can provide full transition solutions.
HP will continue to sell HP e3000 servers until Nov. 1, 2003 and will provide enhancements, including new processors and storage solutions, during this time.
In addition, HP will offer a broad portfolio of support services for the e3000 servers until Jan. 1, 2007.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...