Servertec Debuts Java-Based iServer Application/Web Server
iServer is able to serve static Web pages as well as dynamic, data driven Web pages through the use of Java Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), iScript, Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and Server Side Includes (SSI). Additionally, iServer is able to provide Servlet capabilities to any Application/Web Server through the use of Apache Modules, ISAPI, NSAPI, CGI or Java. Servertec today announced the release of iServer, its Java-based, platform independent Application/Web Server. iServer 1.8.0 includes support for Java Servlet API version 2.2 and includes API changes, bug fixes and updates to documentation.
The application/Web server provides an environment for creating and deploying cross-platform Web-based business critical Internet and Intranet applications. Servertec bills iServer as a "robust, scalable platform that individuals, workgroups and corporations can use to establish a Web presence." Features include:
- Platform Independence iServer is built using Java and will run on any platform that supports the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.1.x or later
- Open Standards supports open standards, such as Java, Servlets, HTTP, JSP, CGI, SSI, HTML, TCP/IP, RMI, IIOP, CORBA, JDBC, and XML
- Keep-Alive/Persistent Connections keeps connections alive across multiple requests reducing the overhead associated with re-establishing a connection
- Virtual Hosts can be configured to support multiple domains or Web sites mapped to the same server, each with its own content space
- Expandable Architecture can be expanded using Servlets, JSP, CGI and iScript
- Scalable Solution built-in load-balancing cluster redirector and cluster proxy create a robust, fault-resistant, scalable solution where a group of servers seamlessly work together to meet the needs of a large number of clients
- Data Access uses JDBC to create data-driven Web-based applications that have access to a variety of data sources
- Administration supports centralized Web-based and command line administration of a single server or a group of servers
ServerWatch's Listing and Review for iServer
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...