VelociGen 2.0 Released: An Apps. Server With XML Support
Download the authoritative guide: Data Center Guide: Optimizing Your Data Center Strategy
Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing: Using the Cloud for Competitive Advantage
Binary Evolution announced the release of VelociGen 2.0,an application server designed to beef up Web server performance. The release also includes extensions for parsing and manipulating XML documents.
Binary Evolution announced the release of VelociGen 2.0, an application server designed to beef up Web server performance. The release also includes extensions for parsing and manipulating XML documents.
VelociGen 2.0 improves Web site perfromance speed by eliminating the bottleneck that is often the result of a Web server's inability to quickly load CGIs or access databases. The application enables the Web server to respond at speeds 25-times faster than CGI scripts, thus eliminating the bottleneck that can often result in thousands of dollars in lost revenue potential for each minute of downtime and customers that leave the site.
VelociGen 2.0's increased speed is obtained by maintaining persistent Perl and Tcl processing engines, pooling database connections, and byte-compiling and caching scripts. As a Web site's traffic increases, VelociGen 2.0's scaleable, load-balancing architecture enables easy expansion of capacity to meet the demand.
Other new features in VelociGen 2.0 include:
- Improved CGI Compatibility: Developers can instantly speed up existing CGI scripts without changing them
- Improved Internet Service Provider (ISP) Support: For ISPs that offer virtual hosting, VelociGen 2.0 can prevent one user's poorly written script from affecting the performance of others; can isolate CGI scripts written by a single user from those on the shared Web server
- Perl Module Documentation: Built with the most current version of Perl, VelociGen 2.0 provides an HTML interface to Perl documentation in all documentation and module files
- Scalability: Performance can be further improved by running VelociGen 2.0 on a cluster of Unix machines; Perl processing for a single Web server can be handled by multiple VelociGen 2.0 servers
- Session Management Server: Session management daemon enables Web applications to maintain user session information at high speed without separate database software
VelociGen-based applications can be developed once on a single platform, then deployed onto nearly any platform, operating system and database
VelociGen 2.0 can be installed on Unix and Microsoft NT servers, and interacts with database engines via industry-standard protocols, such as ODBC and SQL. VelociGen 2.0 runs on Sun-Netscape iPlanet Web Server, Netscape Fasttrack/Enterprise Server, Apache, Microsoft IIS/PWS, O'Reilly WebSite Pro, and other ISAPI compatible Web servers. Platforms supported are Windows NT Intel, Solaris SPARC, SGI IRIX, HP-UX, AIX and Linux Intel.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...