Network Security Tool SAINT Updated
Download the authoritative guide: Data Center Guide: Optimizing Your Data Center Strategy
Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing: Using the Cloud for Competitive Advantage
The Security Administrator's Integrated Network Tool (SAINT), an updated and enhanced version of SATAN, is designed to assess the security of computer networks. This version features a new custom scan level, giving you complete control over which probes SAINT will run, all from the graphical user interface.
This version features a new custom scan level, giving you complete control over which probes SAINT will run, all from the graphical user interface.
To set up a custom scan:
- Go to Configuration Management or Target Selection.
- Select Set up custom scan. A list of probes will appear.
- Reset the configuration to one of the default levels, if desired.
- Select the probes you want to run.
Also new with this version:
- Improved FAQ and documentation to include instructions on using rules/drop to ignore false alarms
- Updated to CVE 20001013
- Check for folder traversal vulnerability in IIS 4.0 and 5.0
- Check for JRun server vulnerabilities
- Check for iPlanet Directory Server and Certificate Management System
- Check for hex-encoded dot-dot-slash vulnerability in web servers
- Check for dot-dot-slash vulnerability in Web+
- Check for HTTP PUT vulnerabilities
- Fixed compilation problem on BSDI (thanks to Lex)
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...