- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
VMware to Acquire SpringSource
Virtualization vendor VMware Monday announced plans to acquire Java web development and middleware vendor SpringSource for $362 million.VMware will pick up the Java web development and middleware vendor for $362 million plus unvested stock and options
SpringSource is the vendor behind the open source Spring Framework that is used and supported by numerous Java middleware vendors including Red Hat JBoss and IBM Websphere.
VMware expects the deal to close in the third quarter of 2009. The total value of the deal could top $400 million when all is said and done, as VMware is also taking on $58 million of unvested stock and options in addition of the $362 million of cash and equity that VMware is offering privately held SpringSource.
Read the rest of this article at InternetNews.com.