- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Problems with Norton and Office 2000
Hello all, just making you aware of a couple more problems that you might run into during your testing. If you are running a Windows 2000 box and install Norton 2000 and Office 2000, you might run into a few problems.Hello all, just making you aware of a couple more problems that you might run into during your testing. If you are running a Windows 2000 box and install Norton 2000 and Office 2000, you might run into a few problems.
Here are a couple of the possibilities:
1. When you go to create a new message in Outlook, you will get a wordmail can't start error. This problem is not with Outlook, but with some conflict between Microsoft Word and Norton 2000. Microsoft Word is your mail editor, so this creation will call the executable and the error will pop up.
2. If you are searching your drive using Windows explorer and attempt to open a document by double clicking it, Word will freeze.
Both of these problems are caused by conflicts with Norton 2000, if you have a machine that has never had Norton 2000 installed and run the same tests, this will be evident.
These are not all of the possibilities, just a couple. Think through errors with Office 2000 before declaring it as a fault with that program. There will be conflicts and errors like this when working with these software as security and file structure have changed on Windows 2000. Hopefully, software providers will be as thorough as Microsoft and Symantec have been with their on-line support.
For more information on Norton and removing it from machines with such problems (which will often times be your only option) check out their site: