- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Collecting System Information for Windows 2000
system administrators and such, occasionally
we require specific information about a customer's computer when we are
troubleshooting their configuration. Windows
2000 Professional and Server can create a comprehensive listing of their
hardware, system components, and software environment which may be useful in
helping resolve system problems.
the Administrative Tools folder, select Computer Management as shown below.
click on System Information and select Save As Text File...
will generate a comprehensive text file listing of the hardware, system
components, and software environment.
you could Right click on System Information and select Save As System
will generate the same information but in a formatted form readable on a Windows
You should be aware that it could easily take 5-10 minutes for the system to gather the required information to create the information file, and you will see the hourglass while this is occurring. It's not a system lockup, it's just gathering information.
Thanks to Steve Margolies for showing this to me....