- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
Windows 2000 SP3?
This has been the phantom service pack. People have been waiting for it for months. I had heard that it was out and then I heard that it wasn't.This has been the phantom service pack. People have been waiting for it for months. I had heard that it was out and then I heard that it wasn't.
The main problem that I had heard about was a bug with the new Windows Installer version and that had put it back on the shelf. Then, I get an e-mail this morning that states:
W2KnewsFLASH: ~ Service Pack 3 for W2K! ~
But careful, it has only just been officially announced, and the first problem reports are also already in. Some one just sent me an email with: "Downloaded and installed the final release of W2K SP3. After a clean install and a reboot I got the blue screen of death. Only after uninstalling a rare application from my desktop it worked OK."
Now that it is out -- http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp3/default.asp -- I am looking for more notes from the field. Can you please give me any real world success stories (or those of failures...)?
If you have any more information for me, please drop me a line.