- 1 Mark Shuttleworth Details Ubuntu 15.10 Highlights [VIDEO]
- 2 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 3 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 5 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
What You Need to Know About Web Services
Though barely into the introductory stage, Web services are already controversial. Software vendors almost unanimously proclaim that Web services are the wave of the future. Yet numerous analysts and software developers are skeptical, at best, about the scope and importance of Web services.Although still in the introductory stage, Web services are already controversial. While software vendors almost unanimously proclaim Web services the wave of the future, numerous analysts and software developers remain skeptical. In this tutorial, Nelson King discusses the issues surrounding Web services and makes recommendations about ways organizations can prepare for them.
In the middle of this hype and noise are the enterprises and individuals who feel that sooner or later they will have to deal with Web services. Should they believe the vendors and dive in with both feet? Or should they believe the skeptics and test the waters with a tiny toe? In this tutorial we will try to sort out the issues and make some recommendations about ways organizations can prepare for Web services.