- 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 2 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 3 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
- 4 Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
- 5 Blue Box OpenStack Lands on IBM Softlayer Servers
WebServer Compare Descriptions: Supports HTTP/1.1
Supports HTTP/1.1 Byte Ranges HTTP/1.
Supports HTTP/1.1 Byte Ranges
HTTP/1.1 clients can request part of the content of an item using byte ranges. Byte ranges are optional for HTTP/1.1 clients and servers, but servers that support it will be able to restart aborted transmissions more easily.
Supports HTTP/1.1 Persistent Connections
The server can keep a connection with an HTTP/1.1 client open for more than a single request, thereby improving browser performance.
Supports HTTP/1.1 PUT
The PUT method was poorly defined in HTTP/1.0. PUT is commonly used to allow a remote user to add material to a Web site. In HTTP/1.1, the PUT method is more clearly defined.