The Web Services Value Chain
By Jean-Christophe Cimetiere of TechMetrix Research
By Jean-Christophe Cimetiere of TechMetrix Research A Web service has five basic components: Application server infrastructure (e.g.
A Web service has five basic components:
- Application server infrastructure (e.g., J2EE, MS.NET, or OSS)
- Standards (e.g., XML, SOAP, and WSL)
- Web services servers (e.g., for security, authentication, and session)
- Web services developers (those who develop the Web services)
- Web services marketers (those who sell the Web services)
In this tutorial, we will explain each of these components and touch on some of the key players in each space.