- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Connecting to MySQL with PHP
[ Thanks to Tre Harmon for this link. ] Excerpt: In this scriptlet, we will cover how to connect to MySQL with PHP.
In this scriptlet, we will cover how to connect to MySQL with PHP.
This scriptlet is not intended to cover all of the possibilities of PHP and MySQL interaction. It is to help with the understanding of making the database connection.
First, we make the connection using the PHP function mysql_connect() The 3 arguments we'll be passing to the function are:
1. MySQL Server Hostname - This will typically be localhost, unless you're using a remote database.
2. MySQL user name - The user name with access to the db.
3. MySQL user password - The password for said user name.