- 1 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 2 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 3 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 4 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 5 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
How to install the Active Directory Connector and Establish a Primary Connection Agreement Page 3
Order of Installation:
Microsoft recommends the following order of install:
1. Install W2K with SP1 and hot fixes.
2. If the server is going to be a DC, run dcpromo.exe
3. Install the ADC
4. Run Forestprep
5. Establish a connection agreement between the Ex 5.5 site and W2K
6. Run Domainprep
7. Install E2K. When you install E2K consider installing the Exchange 5.5 Admin tool. This tool can be used to manage the Ex 5.5 environment from the E2K server.
I also suggest you have a utility handy called NTDSNOMATCH. This utility is used to identify which users have more than one Ex 5.5 mailbox. You can download the utility at http://www.exinternals.com under tools. The documentation for this utility is in Q274173 and can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q274/1/73.ASP.
Note that the order of installation may change depending on where, in the domain structure, the W2K server resides. If the W2K server is in a child domain, reverse steps 3 and 4.