- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Ultimately Page 7
Everything we've previously stated falls into two threads: Web services are real, and they will (eventually) find an important place in the options for software distribution. However, whether they become the be-all, end-all of software is a very open question, so a degree of caution is warranted.
More than most "hot trends" in computing, Web services call for experimentation and some wait-and-see before jumping into full production.