- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Apache SOAP 2.2 Overview Page 16
Future Implementation Development
The Apache SOAP project will remain at version 2.2, as Apache's future Web services implementation project is called "Axis." This project will support the whole of the SOAP 1.1 note, but will be much more comprehensive than the Apache SOAP project.
In addition to being a more reliable and effective implementation, Axis implements a greater number of protocols (e.g., HTTP, HTTPs, SMTP, POP3, and JMS). Security aspects are strengthened, and the implementation provides support for the description and discovery of Web services by using WSDL. It is worth noting that there are no releases yet for these products; those who cannot wait can download the "nightly" version only on CVS.