- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Perl Page 4
If you haven't yet met Perl ... well, you've missed quite a character. Perl has been around for a while, and data is hardly its only trick. Perl can do a good job with most phases of getting information from databases to a Web page. Its longevity has a couple of benefits: It has lots of support -- the database access API and DBI (http://dbi.symbolstone.org) for example -- and virtually every server running almost any operating system will have Perl on it to run programs.
Some people swear by Perl; others swear at it. It's not elegant, but it will do the job for data.