- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Does the App Server Market Still Exist? Page 4
By Jean-Christophe Cimetiere of TechMetrix Research
Lastly, in the "database vendor" category we again find IBM, this time as the vendor of DB2. For IBM, this represents one more way to access -- or retain -- customers. IBM promotes WebSphere as a platform that groups together all of its e-business-oriented products, rather than solely as an application server. Integration between the different component parts of the range is not yet complete, but the end goal will be to offer a layer of uniform, integrated services, all based on J2EE.