- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Does the App Server Market Still Exist? Page 3
By Jean-Christophe Cimetiere of TechMetrix Research
The vendors' positions as hardware manufacturers gives IBM, Sun, and HP a considerable advantage over other application server vendors. However, the technical differences between products are not a predominant reason for choosing one over another, even though they should not be ignored.
The market presence of these players and their distribution channels make them the incontestable leaders in the field.