- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
The Truth About Servers Page 4
A more complex type of wireless server is the wireless gateway. Basically, a wireless gateway is a middleman that accepts requests from wireless devices and routes those requests to traditional Web servers. Most wireless gateways are operated by service providers specializing in wireless access, which can limit subscribers to the services these gateways support.
Wireless "application servers," or software suites designed to deliver dynamic data to wireless devices, are currently boxed into a rather small market segment. Still, products such as Lutris' Enhydra Wireless, IBM's WebSphere Everyplace and Bluestone's Total-e-Mobile are battling for early ground in a market that is hoped to explode rapidly.