- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Getting Started with mod_perl in 30 Minutes Page 8
Finally, the most important thing is the Apache-Perl API, which allows you to do anything with a received request, even intervene in every stage of request processing. This gives you great flexibility and lets you create things you couldn't dream about with plain mod_cgi.
There are many more things to learn about mod_perl and web programming in general. In future articles I'll talk in details about all these issues.
Many thanks to Eric Cholet for reviewing this article.
About the Author
Stas Bekman is an author of the mod_perl Guide and is currently co-athoring a book about mod_perl for O'Reilly and Associates, Inc together with Eric Cholet. He is a member of the Apache Software Foundation. You can find more about his works and joys at his personal web site.