- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
July 2004 Netcraft Survey Highlights
The Netcraft Web Server Survey is a survey of Web server software usage on the Internet. Netcraft received responses to its July 2004 survey from 52,131,889 sites. This is about 500,000 more sites than responded in June. Results for the July 2004 Netcraft Web Server Survey are in and measure responses from more than 52.1 million sites. These results represent the 18th consecutive month of growth for the Web and bring a new peak in the number of sites measured. Apache and IIS again led the charge for growth.
July was the 18th consecutive month of growth for the Web. The upswing began in February 2003 when the survey measured 35.8 million sites.
Although July brought yet another peak in the number of responses received, the four top-four players, Apache, Microsoft, SunONE, and Zeus, remained flat, seeing growth of 0.15 points, -0.03 points, -0.04 points, -0.03 points, respectively.
Of the sites surveyed, 25,610,489, or 49.13 percent, had .com domains; and 3,273,335, or about 6.28 percent, had .uk domains.
|Market Share||No. of Sites
With .com domains
|Enterprise for NetWare||6,195||0.01%||1,701|
|Netscape FastTrack Server||4,810||0.01%||1,924|