- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
What's Behind VMware Changing Out Its Highly Successful CEO?
Paul Maritz, currently the CEO of virtualization vendor VMware, is being replaced by EMC Chief Operations Officer Pat Gelsinger, a 35-year IT veteran and highly respected technologist. Gelsinger will be taking over the CEO position on September 1st.
All Maritz did was lead VMware to record income, world domination in the virtualization software industry, and innovation into new markets, such as mobility and cloud computing systems. VMware continues to hire people like there's no tomorrow and is in the process of doubling the size of its campus nestled in the Palo Alto foothills above the Stanford University campus.
What's not to like here? What did Maritz do wrong?
Nothing, it turns out. Actually, the CEO change-out in this case was Maritz's idea.
Read the full story on eWeek:
Why VMware Changed Out a Highly Successful CEO
Read more on "Server Virtualization Spotlight" »