- 1 Intel Accelerates Server Performance with New Xeon E7 Processor
- 2 Oracle Powers New Exadata SL6 with SPARC Linux
- 3 Amazon Web Services Continues to Grow as Servers Move to the Cloud
- 4 CoreOS Drives Container Management Forward with Tectonic 1.5
- 5 Oracle Officially Migrates Solaris to Continuous Delivery Approach
OpenStack Foundation Aiming to Advance the Open Cloud
The nearly year-long wait for the official launch of the OpenStack Foundation is finally coming to an end. The board of the new foundation that will have oversight over the OpenStack cloud platform project, which made its debut in late 2011, had its first full meeting at the CloudOpen Summit in San Diego last week and conveyed an impending launch.
In an interview with Datamation, Jonathan Bryce, one of the founders of the OpenStack effort at Rackspace, detailed the road ahead.
"We're arriving at the point where we're about to launch the Foundation, and it's going to take OpenStack off into the future," Bryce said.
Currently Bryce's official title is Acting Secretary of the interim board of the OpenStack Foundation. When the Foundation officially debuts, Bryce will become the Executive Director.
Watch the full video below:
And read the full story at Datamation:
OpenStack Foundation Nears Launch
Read more on "Cloud Computing" »