- 1 OpenStack Ocata Nova Cells Set to Improve Cloud Scalability
- 2 Intel Accelerates Server Performance with New Xeon E7 Processor
- 3 Oracle Powers New Exadata SL6 with SPARC Linux
- 4 Amazon Web Services Continues to Grow as Servers Move to the Cloud
- 5 CoreOS Drives Container Management Forward with Tectonic 1.5
How Dell Puts Cloud Servers Together [VIDEO]
Dell is one of the world's leading server vendors, but where is Dell in the world of converged, engineered systems for the cloud?
In a video interview, Jim Ganthier, VP and GM for engineered solutions and cloud at Dell, details how Dell tackles the converged marketplaces with products and solutions for cloud workloads.
Ganthier explained that there isn't a single perfect server platform for the cloud.
"The reason is that one size fits none, and every customer is on a different stop on their cloud journey," Ganthier said.
That said, Dell does have single SKU solutions for the cloud, with the Dell Cloud Platform system at the high-end, which is a co-designed platform with Microsoft.
On the OpenStack cloud side, Dell doesn't have a single SKU system, but rather has a set of reference architectures.
Watch the full video with Jim Ganthier below:
Read more on "Server Hardware Spotlight" »