- 1 Intel Accelerates Server Performance with New Xeon E7 Processor
- 2 Oracle Powers New Exadata SL6 with SPARC Linux
- 3 Amazon Web Services Continues to Grow as Servers Move to the Cloud
- 4 CoreOS Drives Container Management Forward with Tectonic 1.5
- 5 Oracle Officially Migrates Solaris to Continuous Delivery Approach
Rancher Doubles Down on Docker for App Virtualization Deployment [VIDEO]
Startup Rancher Labs formally announced the beta availability of its Rancher container orchestration and management solution on June 15, providing users with a preview of the platform.
Rancher Labs recently announced a $10 Million Series A round of funding. Rancher Labs officially started in September 2014 and in addition to its Rancher solution, the company also develops the Rancher OS, a container-optimized Linux distribution that runs on servers and in the cloud.
Now in beta, the Rancher tool enables multiple features, including container load balancing, networking, storage management and service discovery.
While there are now multiple efforts for containers, including Docker and CoreOS's Rocket, Rancher is firmly committed to Docker. In a video interview, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, emphasizes and explains why Docker is the key.
Watch the full video with Shannon Williams below:
Read more on "Server Virtualization Spotlight" »