- 1 Mark Shuttleworth Details Ubuntu 15.10 Highlights [VIDEO]
- 2 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 3 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 5 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
This Week on the Green Data Center Management Front
Green computing is as much about saving money as it is about resources. Each Monday, the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog reports the latest environmental-related IT news. As the list below shows, some significant announcements were made last week.
- IBM announces that its POWER7-based 750 Express and Power 755 models are the first four-processor systems in the industry to qualify for Energy Star status.
- NetApp executives, technical experts, and customers will participate in 17 separate sessions at SNW Spring 2010, discussing topics ranging from cloud computing to virtualization. SNW is the world's largest event for IT end users, vendors, and analysts involved in storage, data center, infrastructure and business continuity.
- The federal government is examining how cloud computing can help agencies modernize outdated information technology systems and save in energy and maintenance costs.
Read this week's News Roundup at the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog.