- 1 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Comes to IBM Power
- 2 VMware Hints at Potential Evolution for Container Strategy
- 3 Windows Server 2003 Meets the Zombie Apocalypse
- 4 Tips and Considerations When Creating Virtual Machines in Azure
- 5 Securing Containers without the Need for Virtualization Technology
This Week on the Green Data Center Management Front
Green computing may sound like a bunch of buzz, but it's really about smart biz, as well-versed sys admins know. It's as much about saving money as it is about resources. Each Monday, the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog reports the latest environmental-related IT news. Below are some of this week's stories.
- A new industry group is trying to apply open-source principles to the design and construction of data centers to accelerate the use of new technologies, including green IT, to increase competition in the industry.
- Zarlink Semiconductors announces that it is sampling Zarlink Optical Engine, a speed-scalable family of multi-channel optical sub-assemblies that enables manufacturers to implement lower power, more efficient interconnects for data centers and computer clusters.
- Viridity Software announces the general availability of its EnergyCenter data center energy monitoring, measurement and management software engineered from the ground up to enable customers to better manage power availability and reduce the risk of power outages, discover additional hidden power, cooling and space capacity, as well as meet sustainability and "green" data center goals.
Read this week's News Roundup at the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog.