- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
This Week on the Green Data Center Management Front
Green computing may sound like a bunch of buzz, but it's really about smart biz, as well-versed sys admins know. It's as much about saving money as it is about resources. Each Monday, the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog reports the latest environmental-related IT news. Below are some of this week's stories.
- Horizon Data Center Solutions announces a partnership with Power Loft, developer of the Innovation campus 30 miles from Washington, to create energy efficient Tier III data center space.
- Cisco, GDSYS, and Incheon Metropolitan City in Korea announce they have exchanged a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to collaborate in building a next-generation green data center.
- The fourth annual Green California Leadership Awards will recognize the Franchise Tax Board for an energy efficient data center cooling system developed in partnership with Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory.
- Vycon Energy is demonstrating how its flywheel backup power systems can be used for health-care data system power backup.
Read this week's News Roundup at the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog.