- 1 Mark Shuttleworth Details Ubuntu 15.10 Highlights [VIDEO]
- 2 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 3 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 5 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
This Week's News From the Green Data Center Management Front
Green computing isn't for tree huggers; it's about smart business decisions. Nowadays, it's about saving money as well as resources. Each Monday, the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog reports the latest environmental-related IT news. Below are some of this week's stories.
- A myriad of federal and state tax credits are available for Green IT projects related to data centers, and they don't all have to be new constructions to qualify.
- The EPA is finalizing its Energy Star program for data centers, allowing rating of energy efficiency in data centers, that it plans to launch in June this year.
- Numara Software facilitates the adoption of Green IT by enabling projects to obtain a more precise view of their current energy use and reconfiguring and deploying detailed solutions such as automatic hibernation and wake-up to recapture up to 40% of IT energy spending. Among this week's developments in green data center management: myriad federal and state tax credits are now available for Green IT projects related to data centers; the EPA is finalizing its Energy Star program for data centers; and Numara Software has a way to help you better green your data center.
Read this week's News Roundup on the Enterprise IT Planet Green Blog.