- 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 2 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 3 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
- 4 Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
- 5 Blue Box OpenStack Lands on IBM Softlayer Servers
Ellison: 'Sun losing $100 million a month'
Larry Ellison was on fire Monday night. Steve Jobs is the unquestioned master of the pre-rehearsed, carefully choreographed event speech complete with new technology props, but for off-the-cuff, tell em like I see em, entertaining bluster, Oracles CEO gets my vote.Last night's speech from Larry Ellison shed some light on his plans for Sun.
Ellison spoke before a packed hall at the Fairmont Hotel here Monday night "in conversation" with Silicon Valley veteran Ed Zander at a Churchill Club event. Zander, now an investor and advisor to various tech companies, has worn many high level hats over his career including president of Sun Microsystems and CEO of Motorola.
And since Oracle and Sun had a fairly chummy relationship during Zanders tenure, I expected mostly softball Q&A banter.
Continue reading this blog post.