WS_FTP Gets Refresh
Ipswitch's popular FTP client, WS_FTP Professional, was the recipient of a refresh earlier this week when the ISV unveiled Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2007.WS_FTP Professional 2007 was released this week. Enhancements center around search and security.
Key enhancements in the new version of WS_FTP Pro center around search and security. The software offers SHA512 file integrity checking and 256-bit AES encryption to meet compliance application requirements that files be secure during SSL/FTPS, SSH/SFTP, and HTTP/HTTPS transfers. It uses OpenPGP mode to encrypt individual files with key sizes up to 4,096 and delivers SSH transfers up to twice as fast.
WS_FTP Pro also delivers complete integration with desktop search technologies from Google, Copernic, and Windows. Users can find and instantly transfer files, as well as sort, compress, zip, encrypt, and send them with a single mouse click. Search can be done from parameters that include file names and file contents, search data range, and file type. Parameters on transfer can also be set, for example, to only new or updated files, with control over the direction of synchronization.
Other key enhancements are:
- File Integrity Checking, which uses built-in file verification mechanisms that validate transferred files have not been compromised in any way and ensures source and destination files are exact matches
- The ability to back up to any drive, device (e.g., such as USB or DVD), server directory, or Internet hosting service location in any location, as scheduled, and in a compressed format
- The ability to centrally manage and rapidly deploy multicomputer installations with Terminal Services or Citrix software management
- Enhanced Synchronization for folder mirroring
- Automatic file compression that includes "smart" transfer capabilities
WS_FTP currently claims 40 million end users.