- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
November 2003 Netcraft Survey Highlights
The Netcraft Web Server Survey is a survey of Web server software usage on the Internet. Netcraft received responses to its November 2003 survey from 44,946,965 sites. This is 1.2 million (about 2.9 percent) more sites than responded in October, and it represents yet another peak in the number of responses received. The results from the November 2003 Netcraft Web Server Survey are in. Results for the November survey were compiled from responses received from nearly 45 million sites, an increase of more than 1.2 million servers than responded in October. Apache and Microsoft IIS once again led the pack, accounting for more than 88 percent of the servers in use.
Once again, Apache, Microsoft, and Netscape Enterprise were the top-three contenders, with shares of 67.41 percent, 21.02 percent, and 3.37 percent, respectively. Zeus Web Server again made its way into the top-five with a 1.65 percent share.
Of the servers surveyed, 21,429,043, or 47.7 percent, had .com domains; 2,969,281, or about 6.6 percent, had .uk domains
Servers in Use
|Market Share||No. of Servers
With .com domains
|Enterprise for NetWare||7,673||0.02%||2,148|
|Netscape FastTrack Server||6,538||0.01%||2,492|