- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Solaris 9 for Intel-Based Systems Available
Sun has made its Solaris 9 Operating Environment for x86-based architectures available for purchase as a download or a media kit. Sun has made its Solaris 9 Operating Environment for x86-based systems available as a media kit or for download.
The Solaris 9 x86 Operating Environment Media Kit is available from Sun for $95. The kit includes an installation CD, a DVD, a localizations disc, the Solaris Software Companion CD, and a collection of hardbound documentation. It also includes the GNOME desktop environment and StarOffice 6.0. Unlike the Sparc edition, it does not include the evaluation copy of Oracle 9i.
The software is also available for download for $20, direct from Sun's site.
Additional information may be found on Sun's Free Solaris Binary License Program