- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Tarantella to Support Sun ONE Portal Server
Tarantella, a supplier of secure application access software, announced support for Sun ONE Portal Server 6.0. Tarantella announced support for Sun ONE Portal Server 6.0. This release of the Tarantella Integration Pack for Sun ONE Portal Server coincides with the release of the latest Tarantella Enterprise 3 software, version 3.3, and includes Solaris support.
Scheduled to be available in December, this new release of the Tarantella Integration Pack for Sun ONE Portal Server will coincide with the release of the latest Tarantella Enterprise 3 software, version 3.3.
Tarantella Enterprise 3 software is designed to enable organizations to consolidate the deployment and management of applications in a secure centralized environment. The product provides Web-enabled access to core business applications written for the Java platform, and Unix, Linux, mainframe and Windows applications, without rewriting or replacing any application programs or interfaces.
The Sun ONE Portal Server enables delivery of content, services, business processes, and applications in personalized portals for enterprise organizations. Combining Sun ONE Portal Server with Tarantella's Enterprise 3 software and the integration pack for the server provides immediate access to both Web-based and client/server enterprise applications through a simple browser interface.
The Tarantella Integration Pack for Sun ONE Portal Server 6.0 also includes:
- Single sign-on to all legacy applications from within the portal
- Tarantella portlet from which applications are launched directly from the Portal page
- Integration with Sun's patented secure remote access portal technology
Additionally, as standard offerings of the Tarantella Enterprise 3 software, portal users benefit from cut-and-paste functionality between diverse application types, administrator-to-user session shadowing, session resume, local client drive mapping, and follow-me printing.
Further integration elements with the Sun ONE architecture that will be part of the version 3.3 release of Tarantella Enterprise 3 include:
- Enhanced Sun ONE Directory Server support in the Directory Services Integration Pack
- Solaris 9 Operating Environment and Sun LX50 server Linux support at first customer ship
- Java 1.4.1 platform
- Native client integration with Sun Gnome and Common Desktop Environment desktops