- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Tarantella Releases Enterprise 3, Version 3.3
Tarantella, a supplier of application access software, announced the December release of Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3. Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3 will hit the shelves next month. In addition to offering new support for Solaris, the release features a modular component structure that gives enterprises the choice of supported application types, security levels, and array features.
This release aims to enhance Tarantella's scalability, security, and interoperability that enterprise customers require for mission-critical deployments with the addition of a modular component structure. The new structure gives enterprises the choice of supported application types, security levels, and array features.
The release also offers a new pricing and licensing model, which allows enterprises to choose the optimal feature and component mix for their deployments -- from departmental to full-scale enterprise levels.
With the Tarantella solution, organizations publish applications from a secure and centralized environment. Users can access these applications anywhere via a myriad of devices such as PC Web browsers, thin client terminals, and wireless PDAs. Tarantella Enterprise 3 requires no modification to existing applications or application servers. They slot seamlessly into enterprise infrastructures, becoming a simple, pragmatic enabler of IT consolidation, remote access, and portal strategies.
This latest version can support more than 1,000 users from a single Intel Linux system, and more than 2,000 users from a high-end SPARC or other RISC system. Tarantella software's array architecture allows users to consolidate co-located and distributed Tarantella servers into a single management domain.
New features in Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3 include:
- Enhanced directory services integration to assist in the management of large user communities by harnessing information held in LDAP datastores
- Advanced load management to optimize the performance of Windows and NIX/Linux application server farms
- Integration with strong authentication systems, like PKI (e.g., client certificates), and with industrial-strength third-party products (e.g., Safeword PremierAccess and Netegrity SiteMinder)
- Integration with Sun ONE Portal Server 6.0 to deliver legacy applications via the portal
- Support for new Tarantella server platforms, including United Linux 1.0, Sun Linux 5, Solaris 9, Red Hat 8 and IBM AIX 5.1
Tarantella Enterprise 3 is available from authorized Tarantella distributors and resellers worldwide. A free 30-day evaluation version will be offered for download in December on the Tarantella's Web site.