- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Mindreef Releases SOAPscope Personal 1.0
Mindreef Tuesday released Mindreef SOAPscope Personal 1.0, a Web services diagnostics system, a product that addresses the challenges of isolating and solving problems of applications built with Web Services. SOAPscope Personal 1.0 from Mindreef is a Web services diagnostics system designed to offer an easy-to-use, platform-independent diagnostics aid for developers, testers, and application support technicians.
SOAPscope Personal 1.0 is designed to offer an easy-to-use, platform-independent diagnostics aid for developers, testers and application support technicians. It provides a scalable logger and intelligent viewer for SOAP-based Web services, enabling users to quickly track and troubleshoot problems such as errant data, performance issues, and interoperability issues.
"Every Web services developer and tester needs a logging and viewing tool in their toolbox to track down problems that manifest on the wire," said John Robbins, author of "Debugging .NET and Windows Applications" and co-founder of Wintellect. "Until now, no one has focused on this area. By combining flexible connection options, scalable logging, Web services protocol awareness and ease of use, SOAPscope Personal fills this void that has cost early adopters dearly in lost productivity."
"Any developer considering deploying a Web service-based solution with components from more than one vendor would be well advised to call Mindreef first," said Sam Ruby, Board of Directors, Apache Software Foundation.
Mindreef SOAPscope Personal 1.0 collects information about SOAP transactions and uses it to provide visibility and insight into Web services communications.
Key product features include:
- Logging: SOAPscope Personal stores the log in an embedded relational database rather than in memory or a flat file. This offers greater flexibility when slicing, dicing, and filtering to quickly locate the target messages.
- Connection: SOAPscope Personal offers two ways to hook into the SOAP stream for logging. Sniffer mode allows for quick and easy start-up without any code modification. Proxy mode is an option for finer grained data collecting or for situations where the user doesn't have access to a sniffable network entry point.
- Pseudocode View: Pseudocode View simplifies the interpretation of XML in a SOAP packet or a WSDL file. It reduces pages of XML to a few lines of pseudocode.
Mindreef SOAPscope Personal 1.0 is priced at $99 and is available immediately for download on Mindreef's site. Mindreef SOAPscope Professional and Team 1.0 editions are expected to be available in the first quarter of 2003.