- 1 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 2 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 3 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 4 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 5 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
Four Open-Source Lessons From the Trenches
This article profiles USBank, which built its own version of the Apache Web server from publicly available source code but lacked the in-house expertise to handle tasks, such as compiling code and troubleshooting. The bank's experience demonstrates how critical support is, especially when it comes to ensuring that business isn't interrupted because of software problems. USBank built its own version of the Apache Web server from publicly available source code but lacked the in-house expertise to handle tasks like compiling code and troubleshooting. This article discusses the bank's experience and demonstrates the importance of support.