- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Four Open-Source Lessons From the Trenches
This article profiles USBank, which built its own version of the Apache Web server from publicly available source code but lacked the in-house expertise to handle tasks, such as compiling code and troubleshooting. The bank's experience demonstrates how critical support is, especially when it comes to ensuring that business isn't interrupted because of software problems. USBank built its own version of the Apache Web server from publicly available source code but lacked the in-house expertise to handle tasks like compiling code and troubleshooting. This article discusses the bank's experience and demonstrates the importance of support.